Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oooh Jillian how I have missed thee!

Some of you may be familiar with my good friend Jillian Michaels of the Biggest Loser! Well I have fallen victim of her pain in the ass yet amazing DVD 'The 30 Day Shred' for the second time. Yup, that's right this isn't my first time on the 30DS bus. Last summer I was a devoted 'shredder' and then winter came and work got busier and busier and I got lazier and lazier. When it came to my 'free' time I really didn't want to spend it watching Jillian and her girls bounce around with their tight asses, toned arms and sculpted abs while I stood on the other side of the TV gasping for air while my postpartum belly jiggled in my spit up covered tank top! NO THANK YOU MA'AM!

For all of you that have not ever tried the 30DS... this DVD is no joke! Ask my husband, you see Brett is (if you're reading this babe I say this with love) a total meat head. When I first purchased the 30DS he thought for sure he could fly through it with me, HA! I will give him credit he did finish it with me but not without some gasping for air of his own! I am warning you now if you plan to try the 30DS, plan to get your ass kicked for the first few days!

I have a regular routine of going to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday, ok it hasn't been as regular as I would like since we all got sick but I am back on track now, and I really wanted to ad something in on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I wanted it to be something I could do at home. Hence the reason I put Jillian in today! I figured I can do the 30DS on Tuesdays and then some yoga at home on Thursdays and I should be set!

So today was day 1 back with Jillian and my legs hated her as I climbed the stairs to work but I
love her because damn I feel good, I am sore but I have this overall good feeling about me! Don't count on this being my last post about my good friend Jillian. I have many many more days to go with her and I doubt my posts about it will always be so 'nice'.

Oh and a side note: on the cover it says 'Lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days!' I am in no way planning on doing this and to tell you the truth have no desire to lose 20lbs period! Again, I will only be doing this once a week and mostly as a 'filler' for the days that I am not going to the gym so don't base my results off the promise the DVD makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment